An Ode to Retrospect



I BELIEVE.

I believe freedom is light to our darkness
Shadows no longer linger engrossed in contempt
Reeling in the past that was forgotten in disdain

 I believe the state of the mind is a powerful force
Which shakes the very evil that threatens euphoria,
To bind the healing elements to create or restore.

I believe love is a decision, a choice
Which has been created to serve both counterparts.
It is revolutionary,
  It redirects hate and paints a world full of possibilities.

I believe Contentment is the guiding principle for peace
To relinquish futile activities and fully commit to solitude,
Soaking in the very essence of life by seeking very little for living

I believe sex is sacred
It cannot simply be stripped down to an act of worthlessness.
It binds two strangers that strive to become one,
The ultimate feeling of surrender.

I believe in music
The very chords that release anxiety,
Suppress fear, cure loneliness

I believe God is the answer to all our questions
The Almighty who shields us from our foes
The all-powerful one who seeks nothing but to win our hearts and souls.

I Believe I can be…
Whatever my heart devotes to
Whatever my soul believes in
Whatever my mind dwells on
Whatever my mouth confesses


Kholeka Majola












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The power within

The Care-Free Black Girl?